Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I feel itchy.

Read Genesis2:19-4:2
My dog, Ozzie, kept us up last night. As a pure breed Basset Hound he suffers from allergies. His current condition requires us to bath him every other day. He does not enjoy that very much. Something set his skin on fire and he was scratching all night long. He even tried to run away from himself! Poor pooch.
I hate feeling itchy. Living in the Southern California desert requires me to lather on tons of thick lotion to keep my parched skin satisfied.Satisfied...hmmm.
When Eve lived in the garden she was a woman who had it all. She lived in paradise, had numerous choices of food to eat, a husband who adored her and an personal relationship with her heavenly father. She seemed to have the perfect life.
But then she got an itch. The serpent knew exactly how to tickle her fancy. Her made her aware of the one thing she didn't have. Suddenly she was not longer happy with her perfect life, but focused on the itch.
We women give Eve a hard time, but I think if I had been in her place I would have scratched that itch! In fact, I have. The enemy uses the same tricks on us today. He makes us aware of the one thing we don't have and suddenly we are discontent with our once happy lives. We would do almost anything or make almost any change to satisfy that craving.
I think of all the Domestic Warriors I know. The women who stay at home wonder if they would feel more purpose if they had a job. The women who have a job cry when they leave the day care center to go to work. The home school mom questions whether she is doing a good job educating her child and the moms who send there kids to school worry if there child is learning enough at school. We all struggle to feel content where we are in life. Paul lets us in on the secret to being content. Philippians 4:13 says,"I can do everything through him who gives me strength."We can be successful where ever we are if we rely on God's strength to do it. God's strength acts as a lotion to our parched souls. His love sooths us. He is God! He has unlimited amounts of strength on which we can depend. As I approach my day of teens and textbooks, I will rely on God's strength to give me purpose and perseverance. 1 Corinthians 15:58 says, "Therefore, my dear brothers(sisters), stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." Let's tighten our apron strings and face today with the strength only God can provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment