Friday, January 22, 2010

Dump Cake

This recipe is in honor of my grandmother, Carolyn Dunn. I love her so much I named my daughter after her. She is a very kind and compassionate person. She is also a fabulous cook! My love of cooking has been past down from her. She has been making Dump Cake as long as I can remember. Dump Cake got it's name because it is made by dumping the ingredients in the pan. Dump cake is like a cobbler, but much easier and with better results. It can be made with any type of fruit, even pumpkin. Our favorite is peach. I've also made it using homemade apple sauce. Yummy!

Dump Cake

3- 4 cans of fruit
1 yellow, white, or vanilla cake mix
1 stick of butter (You can use margarine, but everything is better with butter!)

Dump cans of fruit in a 9 by 13 pan. Dump dry cake mix over it evenly. Pour 1 stick of melted butter over the top. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown and cake is firm when you shake the pan. There will be some liquid in the bottom. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

Thanks for the good eating, Grandma! I think I'll make a Dump Cake for my husband,Larry, today. Happy baking and don't forget your apron!

No comments:

Post a Comment